Descriptive movies describe the visual elements of a movie,
narrating the action, characters, locations, and costumes without
interfering with the dialogue or other sound elements.
CTBL offers movies in the following formats: VHS, DVD, or Blu-ray. The VHS tapes will be prefaced by a VO before the ID number, DVDs by MD and Blu-rays by MB. CTBL does not provide
equipment to view any of these movies. Only patrons of the library may borrow movies.
There will be a replacement charge of $25 for each lost or damaged
movie as they are the property of the Colorado Talking Book
Please respect the following loan procedures:
- ideotapes will be loaned for 1 month, no renewals.
- You may borrow only one movie at a time.
- You will need to return the movie you have in order to borrow another
- CTBL will not place movies on reserve - they will be sent only
when they are available.
- Movies will be sent Free Matter for the Blind or Handicapped.
the movie by turning the address card so that the library’s address
is facing up. No postage is required.
- If checking out a VHS tape, please rewind the videotape before returning it to the library.
- Do not put handwritten notes in the movie container.
- If there is a
problem with the movie, mark the defective tape box on the mailing card.
Remember, if you break it, you buy it! You will be charged $25 for each
damaged or lost movie!
If you have any questions about the movies or other Colorado Talking
Book Library services, call the Library at 303-727-9277 or, toll free, in-state at
We hope you enjoy your descriptive movie viewing.