Descriptive videotapes describe the visual elements of a movie,
narrating the action, characters, locations, and costumes without
interfering with the dialogue or other sound elements.
A regular VHS videocassette recorder and a TV are needed to watch these
videotapes. The Colorado Talking Book Library does not provide this
equipment. Only patrons of the Colorado Talking Book Library may borrow the
There will be a replacement charge of $25 for each lost or damaged
videotape as the tapes are the property of the Colorado Talking Book
Please respect the following loan procedures:
- Videotapes will be loaned for 1 month, no renewals.
- You may borrow only one videotape at a time.
- You will need to return the tape you have in order to borrow another
- CTBL will not place videotapes on reserve. Videotapes will be sent only
when they are available.
- Videotapes will be sent Free Matter for the Blind or Handicapped.
the videotape by turning the address card so that the library’s address
is facing up. No postage is required.
- Please rewind the videotape before returning it to the library.
- Do not put handwritten notes in the cassette container.
- If there is a
problem with the tape, mark the defective tape box on the mailing card.
Remember, if you break it, you buy it! You will be charged $25 for each
damaged or lost videotape!
If you have any questions about the videotapes or other Colorado Talking
Book Library services, call the Library at 303-727-9277 or, toll free, in-state at
We hope you enjoy your descriptive video viewing.