message is simple. We need you to help us to continue the excellent services
that the Talking Book Library provides to each patron through the Colorado
Talking Book Library program. Donations can be made either directly to the
library or through the Friends of the Talking Book Library.
Since 1972, the goal of the Friends of the Colorado Talking Book Library,
has been to financially support programs and projects of the Colorado
Talking Book Library. The following is a sample of what your donations have
Staffing various positions at the library.
- The entire cost of the recording studio and
all of the equipment since its inception.
- The entire cost of maintaining the on-line
circulation system at the library for the past 5 years. This includes
the on-line system to order books.
- The entire cost of 16 summer reading programs
for the children who have used this library.
- All costs associated with the volunteer
program at the library.
- Shelving units for the talking books and large
- A large portion of the descriptive video
- All of the furniture at the library, as well
as many computers, CCTV's, Braillers, and magnifiers.
- JAWS screen reader and Window Eyes software
for use on the public computers.
- Duxbury Braille Software to use with the
Braille Express 100, paper and bindery materials needed for the
production of Braille publications.
As you can see, the Friends of the Colorado Talking
Book Library assume a great deal of financial responsibility for the ongoing
operational costs of the Colorado Talking Book Library. Your financial gifts
help us to pay for the critical services requested by you, our patrons.
Please make your checks payable to the Friends of the Colorado Talking Book
Library. In most cases, your gift is tax deductible as the Friends are a
501c(3) organization designated by the Internal Revenue Service. The Friends
are now able to accept credit card donations.