Cassette Machine (cont)
How to Play the Easy Machine (E1)
The Easy Machine (E1) allows for the playing of a four-track cassette
with a minimum of controls and manipulation of the cassette.
Do not remove a cassette from the E1 machine until you have listened to all four sides.
If you do, put it back in the machine and then restart the cassette, it will return to the
beginning of the first side.
- Be sure the sliding ON-OFF / VOLUME control is pushed all the way to the left to OFF.
- Place the cassette marked Side 1 on the loading platform Braille side
up. The edge of the cassette with the tape exposed faces away from
you. Be careful not to touch the exposed tape.
- Press the cassette down until the platform clicks into position.
- Pull the door forward until it locks into position over the cassette.
- Slide the ON-OFF / VOLUME control to the right to the ON position and adjust the volume.
- At the end of Side 1, the machine automatically finds the beginning of Side 2.
At the end of each succeeding side, the machine automatically finds the next side.
- Allow up to one minute for the machine to locate and begin the next side.
- At the end of side 4, slide the ON-OFF / VOLUME control all the way to the left
to the OFF position.
- Slide the door back to the rear of the machine.
- Press and release the cassette and platform until the cassette pops up.
- Remove the cassette and load the tape marked Side 5. Press the cassette down.
Pull the door forward. Slide the ON-OFF / VOLUME control to the right to the ON position.
- Use the ON-OFF / VOLUME control to start and stop the machine at any time during
the course of the four sides.
The announcements made by the narrator at the end of each side of
the cassette should be ignored when using the easy machine (E1).
Return to Cassette Machine page